F̴̛̜̳̜̭̰̋̇̿̒̌̃́̎͌̐́̆ͭ̍͛̌͢͡r̵̛̹͎͖̜̥̫͇̮̟̞̺̲͖̯̯̟̝̈̿́ͯ̏̀ͨͪͩ̎̄̈̓ͫ̿̈́́͟i̴̡͖̟͖̺̗̤͕̱ͭ͆̎͂̈́̌ͫͤ̓͌̌̾̂̍̕͜͢e̾ͩ̽

Sarah! Please get better soon! We miss you!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Heart of the Wild (Card)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Asha Hooves

PostSubject: Heart of the Wild (Card)   Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:50 pm

Wild Card paced back and forth behind his stand, waiting for customers to come. Business was rather slow today. As it was almost every day. Nopony seemed to take interest in his various items. From pet rocks to cards to tennis balls. At least ponies were looking at him. So he wasn't a ghost. That was good. Now that he had a better looked, most of the Market was pretty dead. Ponies must not have a lot of money. either that or they bought all the stuff they wanted.

Out of boredom, Wild Card chewed on one of the tennis balls he had for sale. It was like a green peach. It was so fuzzy! After he was done chewing on it, he picked up one of the rocks that were named Pedro. He petted it and gave it some chewed up gum, which was pet rock food. Then he took one of the leashes and swung it around like a lasso.

"Where the hay is everypony?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Princess Luna

PostSubject: Re: Heart of the Wild (Card)   Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:53 pm

As Amethyst walked through the marketplace, she noticed it somewhat abandoned. "Huh. I wonder where everypony is..." she thought out loud. Amethyst noticed a stallion selling things at a stand, and decided to check it out. She trotted over and started to look.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asha Hooves

PostSubject: Re: Heart of the Wild (Card)   Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:00 pm

Wild Card turned around and saw a mare standing in front of him. He was excited to finally have a customer. Even happier that there was a pony standing in front of him. He reached down behind his stand and used a confetti popper and a party blower to welcome this mare.

"Welcome, madam, to Wild Card's Emporium! I am Wild Card!" Wild reached over the stand and gave her a big hug. He sat behind the stand and waited to see if there was anything she was interested in.

"We have a lot here! We have rocks, cards, jewelry, sports stuff, even a friendly ear! But keep the rocks away from the Mole Ponies. They really hate them."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Princess Luna

PostSubject: Re: Heart of the Wild (Card)   Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:17 pm

Amethyst stifled a laugh. Was he trying to be funny? "I'm just looking. Its so quiet around here, I thought I would go for a walk," Amethyst responded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asha Hooves

PostSubject: Re: Heart of the Wild (Card)   Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:20 pm

Wild Card noticed the mare trying not to laugh. That was a common reaction with ponies he was around. Most of them thought he was funny or silly. He liked that kind of attention, so he didn't bother saying anything about it.

"A walk? Sounds like fun! Can I join you? It's SO boring here! You're one of the only ponies I've seen here today."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Princess Luna

PostSubject: Re: Heart of the Wild (Card)   Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:33 am

Amethyst smiled sweetly. "Sure, why not. I'm Amethyst Skies, by the way. Who are you?" she asked. We seemed nice, and a little... off...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asha Hooves

PostSubject: Re: Heart of the Wild (Card)   Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:42 am

Wild Card flipped over his stall and next to Amethyst Skies. What a pretty name. He was glad that she would let him walk with her. Most ponies are afraid to let him come within 50 feet. He had a huge smile on his face and trotted through Ponyville with her.

"I am Sir Wild Card the Great of Ponyville, my dear Amethyst Skies! I don't think I've seen you here before. Are you a SPY?! Or are you just from somewhere else?"

Everything Wild said was spoken with a huge grin that seemed to have embedded itself on Wild's face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Princess Luna

PostSubject: Re: Heart of the Wild (Card)   Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:50 am

Amethyst smiled. He was funny, but he was off. "Wild Card? Nice to meet you," she laughed a little. "No, I'm not a spy, I'm from Canterlot. I just moved here. It was to frantic over there, and Ponyville seemed nice and calm..." Amethyst looked up at Wild. He wasn't crazy, was he?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asha Hooves

PostSubject: Re: Heart of the Wild (Card)   Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:10 am

Wild Card trotted on and on with Amethyst next to him. It felt pretty nice to have a pony trotting with him. Almost like a friend. Like a really special friend. He had one of those a long time ago. He stopped dead in his tracks for a moment, remembering Silent Smiles. He sighed, and continued trotting, putting the smile back on.

"Canterlot? I've never been there. I came here from Manehattan because my parents didn't want me. They said I was crazy and an embarrassment. What a bunch of silly geese!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Princess Luna

PostSubject: Re: Heart of the Wild (Card)   Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:13 am

Amethyst looked sadly at Wild. That must have been horrible. "I... My parents have always been there for me. I'm sorry your parents were like that." she sighed. "Why did you stop for a second there?" Amethyst asked quietly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asha Hooves

PostSubject: Re: Heart of the Wild (Card)   Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:18 am

Wild Card's eye widened when Amethyst asked why he stopped. He had two options. Go into a long and sad story about what was bothering him, or shrug it off and hope they don't go back to that subject for a long time. Wild ran his hoof through his blown back mane, feeling nervous.

"Oh, that was nothing. I thought I saw a giant hawk fly by and try to swoop down and take you away." That sounded completely normal for somepony like him. But he was starting to sweat and look around rapidly. He was terrible at lying. Besides, even Wild Card wouldn't know what he was talking about if he talked about it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Princess Luna

PostSubject: Re: Heart of the Wild (Card)   Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:36 am

Amethyst sighed. She knew bad acting when she saw it and this was some of the worst. She decided to go along with it anyways. "Oh. Well, um, what is there to do around here for fun?" she said changing the subject. Amethyst had clearly made him feel uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asha Hooves

PostSubject: Re: Heart of the Wild (Card)   Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:39 pm

Wild Card sighed in relief when Amethyst didn't bother to go back onto the subject. But in the back of his screwball brain, he sort of wanted to talk about it. Wild Card hopped along next to Amethyst, while responding to her question.

"Oh there's lots of stuff around here! There's a bunch of cafes and diners one way, Sugarcube Corner is down there, there's a Tavern around here somewhere, there's the Marketplace back there, the Town Square is over there, which is full of friendly ponies, and adventure is WAY back there in the Everfree Forest! Actually, the Forest is the only place that doesn't have friendly ponies. Only big meanie animals."

While saying that, Wild's arms were like a spasm all over the place, pointing out in different directions, showing this mare where these places were.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Princess Luna

PostSubject: Re: Heart of the Wild (Card)   Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:32 am

Amethyst smiled. It seemed like there was a lot of things to do here. "What do you usually do? Hang out with friends?" she asked. There was something wrong with Wild, what had happened? Was he... crazy or just funny? Amethyst smiled at him none the less. He was nice, and sorta cute.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asha Hooves

PostSubject: Re: Heart of the Wild (Card)   Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:39 am

Wild Card thought for a moment when Amethyst brought up "friends." He was ashamed to say it, but he had little to no friends in Ponyville. Or anywhere, for that matter. He didn't know many ponies well enough for them to be friends, but a number of them did enjoy his company.

"I don't have a lot of friends. A lot of ponies like me, but they're not friends. Most of them don't wanna get too close to me because they think I'm crazy. It's also why mommy and daddy got rid of me. Stupid jerks... I think they were mad because I wasn't a Unicorn."

Wild's tone was caught somewhere between happy, sad, and angry. Happy because he was trying to be silly, sad because he didn't have friends, and angry because his Unicorn parents put him up for adoption.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Princess Luna

PostSubject: Re: Heart of the Wild (Card)   Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:42 am

"Oh... I don't have too many friends either. They all just want to be close to me 'cause I'm famous..." Amethyst admitted. Poor Wild, a pony like him should have friends, she thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asha Hooves

PostSubject: Re: Heart of the Wild (Card)   Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:46 am

Wild Card tripped over a crack in the sidewalk and started flailing. As he did, he landed standing really close to Amethyst, with his arm wrapped around her. He blushed furiously at how close he got. And he actually liked it.

He hadn't had a feeling like this in a long time, nor did he know exactly what it was. But he wanted to be really close to Amethyst Skies. She was really pretty too. And really nice. A tear fell from Wild's eye, but his smile stayed. He hoped that would provide some cover with the tear, and he was enjoying himself

Last edited by Brawny Hooves on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Princess Luna

PostSubject: Re: Heart of the Wild (Card)   Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:55 am

Amethyst was startled when Wild fell and held her so tight. She blushed furiously and helped him up. "Are you ok?" she asked sweetly. Was he crying? Amethyst tore her eyes away from his and looked away, still blushing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asha Hooves

PostSubject: Re: Heart of the Wild (Card)   Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:39 am

Wild Card looked away from Amethyst, quickly wiping the tear from his face. He liked looking into Amethyst's eyes. It felt really nice. He sighed, and looked back to her.

"How badly do you wanna know what's wrong?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Princess Luna

PostSubject: Re: Heart of the Wild (Card)   Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:46 pm

"Badly." she whispered. Amethyst wanted to help him, whatever he was crying about. She took a step closer and searched his eyes for an answer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asha Hooves

PostSubject: Re: Heart of the Wild (Card)   Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:53 pm

Wild Card sighed, sort of regretting that he asked if she wanted to hear what was wrong with him. He was even his somewhat socially acceptable state of mind because of it. Wild took her over to the steps of some random pony's house and sat down next to her.

Wild took a deep breath and looked at Amethyst, then out into the distance. "Well, it was a while ago. There was a mare that I really really liked. I still don't know what I felt, but she was awesome. She was perfect for me. We hung out a lot. But... she's... gone..."

Wild looked away from Amethyst, starting to cry even more. He had never cried this much before. And he didn't like it. But he couldn't stop crying in memory of Silent Smiles
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Princess Luna

PostSubject: Re: Heart of the Wild (Card)   Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:09 pm

Amethyst looked at Wild in shock. She... died? Amethyst pulled him into a hug and whispered, "It's ok, you have me now..." she pulled back a little, realizing what she had just said. Amethyst continued to hold Wild, it made her feel...safe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asha Hooves

PostSubject: Re: Heart of the Wild (Card)   Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:18 pm

Wild Card listened to what Amethyst said. He had her now? Wow, it was just so... fast. But he didn't mind. He liked the comfort. He hugged her back and looked into her eyes again. He had no idea why he couldn't stop gazing. She was just so... magnificent...

"I... I think I really like you... Like I did Silent Smiles..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Princess Luna

PostSubject: Re: Heart of the Wild (Card)   Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:26 pm

Amethyst looked back at him. He... what? "I... think I really like you too," she blushed. Her head was spinning and she felt dizzy, good thing she was already sitting down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asha Hooves

PostSubject: Re: Heart of the Wild (Card)   Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:23 pm

Wild Card's face went from gray to red. He was so embarrassed and surprised to find a crush that quickly. But it still felt great. His tears were gone, and he was back to a big smile. He was starting to fall for Amethyst.

"Wanna go to Sugarcube Corner and get something to eat?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heart of the Wild (Card)   Today at 2:45 am

Back to top Go down

Heart of the Wild (Card)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next