F̴̛̜̳̜̭̰̋̇̿̒̌̃́̎͌̐́̆ͭ̍͛̌͢͡r̵̛̹͎͖̜̥̫͇̮̟̞̺̲͖̯̯̟̝̈̿́ͯ̏̀ͨͪͩ̎̄̈̓ͫ̿̈́́͟i̴̡͖̟͖̺̗̤͕̱ͭ͆̎͂̈́̌ͫͤ̓͌̌̾̂̍̕͜͢e̾ͩ̽

Sarah! Please get better soon! We miss you!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

A Relaxing Day at the Spa

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Butterfly
TPG Head Gamekeeper

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:32 pm

"Monsters pouring out of the Forest huh?" Iris said carefully, as if testing the words, "what do you mean?"

She tilted her head in interest, curiosity peaking in her. Monsters? Of course, she knew there were monsters in the Everfree, but why are they leaving it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:43 pm

"It's like they've all mated and produced mutations. There's not enough room for all of them in the forest anymore, so now they've started looking for new homes, and trust me, these things are not pretty pink puffballs."

She winced and fell silent, trying to put stressful thoughts from her mind and clear it to relax.

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Hello, Guest! Glad you're here! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me. I'm always here to help!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Butterfly
TPG Head Gamekeeper

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:04 pm

"Well that sounds like a lot of fun. I want to know more, but, I can tell it bothers you, so I wont." Iris bowed her head slightly, acknowledging Calla's discomfort. "Just don't think about it, maybe I'll go out to the Forest and see for myself."

She grinned, patting Calla on the back, "Let's talk about something else. What is it that Brawny does again?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:15 pm

"It's complicated," Calla answered. "He was going to join the Royal Guard, but I forbade it for obvious reasons. I couldn't let him leave us like that and put his life in danger. He's more in charge of our home bank and Kid's welfare."

She grinned.

"Never thought I'd be in a family where the mare was the sole provider," she said, "but, really, I'm not. He comes with me, into the forest. I'm not a strong pony, you know, and he helps with the muscle. He's on the government payroll, as I am."

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Hello, Guest! Glad you're here! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me. I'm always here to help!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Butterfly
TPG Head Gamekeeper

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:48 pm

"Ah, so, do you have a new job or something?" Iris asked curiously, wondering why she was venturing into the Forest.

"Either way, next time ya go, let me come." she flexed her muscles, "I'm stronger now, I can fight better than I used to."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:22 pm

"I don't," Calla said, smiling. "Remember that one time I had to go into the Forest, and I almost died? That was still part of my job description. I get all the miscellaneous protective tasks for Ponyville, since sending out guards has proven to be... ineffective..."

Really, the reason another guard hadn't stepped hoof in Ponyville was that one guard in particular had made the town wary of the law system. This mare had accidentally crushed all the bones in Kid's body, resulting in, after a few months, the surgery that had caused him to be stuck as a foal. Calla had become incredibly wary of guards herself after the accident, which is why she had declined reinforcements for her forest missions, instead taking Brawny along with her on the excursions.

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Butterfly
TPG Head Gamekeeper

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:04 am

"Oh that. But when that happened, you said you were collecting something for the hospital. Manticore venom or whatever." Iris pointed out, wondering. "I don't remember your job being to protect Ponyville.."

(sorry for shortness)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:25 am

Calla smiled knowingly, shaking her head.

"Oh Iris, it's much more complicated than that. It's too much to explain now, but I'll tell you later."

She sat upright, suddenly remembering that she needed to ask Iris a question.

"Hey, I have a big favor to ask you. I know you haven't met them yet, but I talked a bit with Brawny about it, and with our combined jobs, we realized we were leaving the kids alone for too long. We were wondering if, maybe, you'd be willing to take them for a few hours a week? You don't have to decide now, but the dinner would be the perfect chance for you to get to know them and to see if you were up for the task."

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Butterfly
TPG Head Gamekeeper

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:57 am

"Of course Calla." Iris answered politely, "That would probably be best anyways. What have you been doing with them 'till now?"

She grinned, normally foalsitting wasn't her thing, but, this was something she really couldn't refuse. After all, her best friend was asking her to watch her foals while they were off having fun risking their lives.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:05 am

"Nikki and Kid are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves," Calla explained. "We usually just leave them at home. The thing they are missing is a bit of adult influence, you know? A caring figure they know is watching over them."

She nodded and sank further into the mud.

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Butterfly
TPG Head Gamekeeper

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:54 am

"Ah. Makes sense, but, how old are they then?" Iris wondered. If they're old enough to take care of themselves, then they should be able to deal with a few hours alone. The pegasus shrugged, never really knowing what went through her best friend's mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:37 am

"Nikki's seven, and Kid's mind has the maturity of one at the age of ten while his body is stuck somewhere around four or five," she answered. "I know it seems stupid, but Kid has this idea that every time he does something wrong, we're going to cast him out into the streets. He doesn't understand how much he can be loved, and that's why we're bringing in an adult, to prove that we care enough about him to leave him with his mother's best friend, instead of alone."

She shrugged.

"It's a strange mindset."

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Butterfly
TPG Head Gamekeeper

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:53 am

"Ah. Well, personally I don't think a child should be alone when he or she is below 11, but it's your decision." Iris nodded, folding her arms and leaning her head back. "I wonder if they'll like me." she said to herself thoughtfully.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:08 am

"Hey, you'll agree when you meet her that while her personality is normal at her age, her mind skills are better than even some of the graduate class of the Unicorn School," Calla said defensively. Her hearing was rather good, as she had trained herself to listen for the hidden times in Kid's voice that meant he was hurt or upset, and she picked up Iris's mutters.

"Of course they'll like you. Well, at least Nikki will. She like all nice ponies. Kid's a little hesitant, but he usually tags along after his sister. I'm sure it'll be fine."

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Butterfly
TPG Head Gamekeeper

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:45 pm

Iris laughed, "well I sure hope so. Nikki sounds fascinating."

Attendants entered the room, an Iris pulled herself out of the tub. There were showers along the side and Iris stepped into one, washing the mud off. The attendant hoofed her a towel and she dried off,

"I wonder what's next." she said to Calla, chuckling
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:59 pm

Calla followed Iris, showering off and drying her fur with a spark of magic. She followed the attendants to the two massage tables, where she laid down on the surface and sighed as the mare put hot stones on her back.

"Have you heard from Hydra? It's been so long since she left, and she hasn't sent me a single letter."

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Butterfly
TPG Head Gamekeeper

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:06 pm

Iris' voice shook as the attendant chop-massaged her back (idk what to call it :/)

"She haasn't taalkedd to mee eeitherr." she replied shortly, "I wonnderr whyy? I've triied to taalk to herr but she nevver respponds"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:46 pm

"My letters keep getting returned," Calla said. "Maybe she's in a place where she can't get mail."

SHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT PPPPPOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTT

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Butterfly
TPG Head Gamekeeper

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:30 pm

"Yeah, maybe. I didn't want to be annoying, so I haven't sent her very many letters. But they haven't been answered either." Iris pouted, "I wonder what's up with her."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:30 pm

Calla shrugged and continued her massage.

"Are you sure you can handle the two of them?" Calla asked again. "Just warning you... Nikki's a hoof-full."

SHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRTTTTT

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Butterfly
TPG Head Gamekeeper

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:43 pm

"I'm sure. I'm pretty good with kids." she replied

SHOOOOOORRRRRTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:04 pm

Calla nodded, finishing her massage and sticking out her hooves to get them buffed and glossed.

"I really miss you, Iris," she said quietly. "I think we'll need to spend more time together, like this. I'm tired of life. It's time I found fun in it again, and what better pony to trust with daredevil adventures and crazy activities than you?"

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Butterfly
TPG Head Gamekeeper

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:54 pm

"Exactly!" Iris laughed, hanging her hooves over the edge of the table for the buffing and glossing.

"I mean, I am pretty awesome," she teased, "just kidding. We do. It's not like we live in separate cities, I can't believe we haven't hung out."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Today at 9:06 pm

Back to top Go down

A Relaxing Day at the Spa
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2