F̴̛̜̳̜̭̰̋̇̿̒̌̃́̎͌̐́̆ͭ̍͛̌͢͡r̵̛̹͎͖̜̥̫͇̮̟̞̺̲͖̯̯̟̝̈̿́ͯ̏̀ͨͪͩ̎̄̈̓ͫ̿̈́́͟i̴̡͖̟͖̺̗̤͕̱ͭ͆̎͂̈́̌ͫͤ̓͌̌̾̂̍̕͜͢e̾ͩ̽

Sarah! Please get better soon! We miss you!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

A Relaxing Day at the Spa

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:40 pm

Calla waited for Iris at the counter. She and her best friend hadn't gone out in, what was it, years? Time had seemed to fly since the wedding, Kid's adoption, and Nikki's birth. Seven years.

She hadn't realized she had reached her late twenties until recently. Her impending 27th birthday was next week, and she could feel herself losing her youth's innocence.

That was a laugh, really. She had lost it a long time ago, but now she was truly an adult, married with two kids. And, then, of course, Iris retained the immaturity that had drawn Calla to her side so long ago.

Waiting for her friend, she sat down and started reading again, a hobby she had enjoyed. This particular novel was about spells to teach advanced unicorn foals, and she was looking for new material for Nikki. The filly had grown exponentially in her knowledge of magic, and it was up to her to cultivate her child's mind and bring it to maturity.

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Hello, Guest! Glad you're here! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me. I'm always here to help!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Butterfly
TPG Head Gamekeeper

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:03 pm

Iris strolled into the spa yawning, her hooves clicking against the floor. She smacked her lips and looked for Calla through half-open eyes. When she spotted the blue mare, she trotted lazily up to her.

"Am I late? I slept in a little..." she finished with another yawn. With a shake of her head, she woke up (for the most part). "Haven't seen you in forever, Calla!" she shouted suddenly, as if just realizing this was basically the first time she'd seen her best friend in years. She grinned broadly, fully awake now, and hugged Calla.

"How've ya been?" she laughed, not even giving Calla a chance to reply, "How's Brawny and Nikki? Oh, and I heard you adopted that kid off the streets." she asked in a rush.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:20 pm

"You're not late, and, um, yeah, we did adopt Kid," she said, smiling and hugging Iris back, hard. "And they're fine. There's some funny stuff going on with Brawny I've been dying to tell somepony about..."

She giggled, not going any further, and nodded at the attending mares.

"Your most relaxing," she requested. The attendant nodded and beckoned for the two mares to follow.

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Hello, Guest! Glad you're here! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me. I'm always here to help!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Butterfly
TPG Head Gamekeeper

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:38 pm

Iris followed the attendant, her eyes drooping.

"Funny stuff with the husband huh?" she chuckled a bit, "And lemme guess, I'm the pony to tell?" she grinned, doing a little 'enthusiastic' hop. With a laugh, she pulled out a thin rectangular box from her bag. "By the way, this is a present I sorta forgot to give you at your wedding." She offered the box to Calla.

Inside was a silver chain locket. Inside, Iris had taken the liberty of placing a small photo of Calla, Iris and Hydra. On top of the photo, there were three small flower seeds. One was an iris, another a calla lily, and the third a hydrangea. "Just as a reminder while you're off being a wife" she giggled, poking her friend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:42 pm

"Oh my Celestia," Calla said, looking at the locket with disbelief. "Iris, it's beautiful! You didn't have to give that to me, though... It's awfully kind of you."

The spa mare set them up for an hour in the steam room, closing the door and leaving the two to privacy.

"As for Brawny.... I found out the other day that he was hiding this really big thing from me," she started. "Please don't laugh when I tell you; I can hardly believe it myself."

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Butterfly
TPG Head Gamekeeper

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:47 pm

Iris smiled, "Glad you like it. Sorry it took so long to get it to you." she laughed, plopping down on the bench.

"I promise I won't laugh." she said, holding up her hoof in a mocking manner, "Scout's honor." she lowered her hoof, snickering quietly to herself. She stopped, biting her lip to prevent her from laughing, "So what is it? I'm curious now" she asked, grinning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:58 pm

She took a deep breath, breathing in the scent of aloe and a lot of soothing water vapor.

"Brawny's a cross-dresser," she said, giggling herself at the image of her macho husband in a dress with make-up on his face. "He kept it hidden for a while, but I finally found out..."

She blushed and laughed.

"Go ahead. I changed my mind. Laugh at your friend and her dress-wearing husband!"

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Butterfly
TPG Head Gamekeeper

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:04 pm

Iris tried to contain a laugh, but it seeped through her lips and soon she was wiping tears from her eyes.

"Oh my faust that is the most hilarious thing I've ever heard." she managed to sputter out through giggles, "I'm," she was cut off my another bout of laughing, "I'm not laughing at you, I'm just laughing at the image of Brawny in a dress." she let out another loud bark. She covered her mouth stopped herself, but was unable to suppress snickers.

"Brawny, in a dress" she said finally, "seriously? That seriously happened? What did you do?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:22 pm

"Not much," Calla confessed. "I didn't really know what to do. I was hurt to find out he'd been doing it for years, and he ruined some of my best dresses."

She fiddled with the towel around her mane and the tie on her bathrobe.

"What about you and Cherry? How did that work out?"

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Butterfly
TPG Head Gamekeeper

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:47 pm

Iris stifled another laugh. Brawny in a dress huh? On top of that, Calla's dresses! Iris closed her eyes, leaning back and breathing in the steamy air.

"What about you and Cherry? How did that work out?"

Iris opened one eye, waiting a moment to respond. She breathed out through her mouth, opening her other eye. She sat forward, resting her arm on her leg, and resting her head on her hoof. "I'm not really sure. I mean, I really like her, but.....I dunno." she muttered, looking down at the floor. Sweat glistened on her skin, "It just seems like we're about to go our separate ways." she said finally, maintaining a bored expression.

"Well, whatever. If it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:13 pm

"I hope it works out alright for you," she said, nodding. "There's a lot going on these days. You don't even know about Kid!"

She ran her hooves together and looked at her best friend with a pained expression.

"How can a mother go on knowing that her son will be forever a foal?" she asked nopony in particular. "Doomed forever more to be small and young."

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Butterfly
TPG Head Gamekeeper

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:58 pm

"Um what?" Iris asked, sitting up immediately and leaning forward, "you're sons name is Kid?!" she looked surprised, shock written all over her face. Then the next thing Calla said registered, "what do you mean forever a foal?"

She tilted her head curiously, "But more importantly, his name is Kid?!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:36 pm

Calla shrugged.

"Hey. I didn't name him. He was called Kid when Brawny first found him. And, yes, it's a stupid medical condition over which we sued the Ponyville Hospital, because they administered medicine and performed surgery without our consent."

She frowned, remembering the satisfaction of getting their compensation of 1,000,000 bits, but nothing could replace the life Kid would have had if those idiot doctors hadn't...

At least they got a decent house out of it.

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Butterfly
TPG Head Gamekeeper

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:18 am

"So it was a mistake by the doctors." Iris sighed in relief, "I thought he was born with it." She leaned her head back against the wall, closing her eyes again and breathing in the steamy air.

"If he had been born with such an issue, that would be cause for distress." she sighed, "I'm just glad he wasn't. So you have a family now then?" she quickly changed the subject, not wanting to talk of the disease.

Hopefully this 'Kid' would be fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:35 am

"Yes," she answered, her mind returning to her family. "I do, and they are wonderful. They told us, though, that Kid is permanently stuck as, well, a kid. They also did something to him that made him get younger, actually... He was, oh, seven when we first met him, and now he's, 3, 4, 5?"

As their time in the steam room finished, they made their way to the hot tub, where they sat in the heated little pond with soothing water lilies floating about.

"What about you? Anything I happened to miss?"

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Butterfly
TPG Head Gamekeeper

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:48 pm

Iris followed the attendant and Calla to the hot tub, and she sunk into the water.

"Well, not really. Just the same old same old." she shrugged, "Nothing has changed, I'm still living on Flower Way, going out, etcetera etcetera." she laughed, "There is a new pony in town. Her name is Stormy Ruin, another unsocial one though." Iris added, "I think you'd like her though. She's an archaeologist."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:02 pm

Calla nodded in agreement.

"She sounds like an interesting pony. Unsocial is our specialty, my friend."

She laughed and splashed Iris.

(Sorry about my shortness, I'm dying XD)

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Butterfly
TPG Head Gamekeeper

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:20 pm

Iris laughed, dropping her hooves in the water and slashing water at Calla in retaliation.

"She is interesting. I've talked to her on occasion, but she doesn't seem to like talking." Iris shrugged, "But I'm sure you'd like her! She loves to learn things, mostly about history though, not magic. I mean, she's not a unicorn so why should she care for magic anyways." Iris snickered.

(Iz fine, dying of coughing again? xD)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:35 pm

((YESH))

"Good point," Calla said, agreeing. Feeling her hooves starting to get pruny, she stepped out of the tub, waiting for Iris to follow her. Stepping on the fluffy mat to let the excess water run off her fur, she shivered from the slight draft coming in through the window and pawed at the mat.

"I can't believe you haven't met my kids. That bothers me. You should come over sometime for dinner," she suggested.

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Butterfly
TPG Head Gamekeeper

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:19 pm

"I'd love to." Iris grinned, stepping out of the tub and shaking her coat out, "I bet they're wonderful. Kid and, oh! You didn't tell me the others' name." she pointed out, laughing. She walked quietly into the next room,

"Mud bath?" she wondered, looking down at the brown goop in the tubs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:43 pm

"Nikki's my darling filly," Calla said softly, smiling at the thought of her daughter. "And sure. We'll plan a date in the near future."

She stepped into the pool of mud without any hesitation, sighing as the hot sludge unknotted her sore muscles and got her a bit dirty.

"Oh, come on, Iris. I've never known you to be squeamish about getting dirty."

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Butterfly
TPG Head Gamekeeper

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:46 pm

"Who said I was being squeamish?" she shot back, falling face first into the mud and splashing it everywhere. She resurfaced, sticking her tongue out at Calla before wiping her face off.

"See?" she said childishly. She closed her eyes and rested her head on the side of the tub, and the attendants came to put cucumber slices over their eyes. "Well this is relaxing." she mumbled, "Nikki. Nice name, what's she like? Learning magic I assume?" she laughed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:17 pm

"She's amazing," Calla said dreamily. "Even I didn't know the magic she's learning when I was her age, and she knows conjuring spells better than most adult graduates from the Unicorn School."

This school was, of course, Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns.

"She can make costumes for whatever she wants to be appear out of nowhere. The clothes don't seem to take any of her strength, but conjuring anything else makes her want to take a very long nap. My filly has an amazing imagination; one moment, she's a ninja from Neighpon, and the next, she's a chocolatier. She's got leadership potential, and I know her special talent will be just that; special."

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Butterfly
TPG Head Gamekeeper

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:45 pm

"Wow, she sounds awesome!" Iris shouted, raising her hoof in the air, "I bet she'll be the smartest unicorn ever."

With a laugh, Iris sunk herself into the mud, leaving only her nose above the liquid-y brown goop. She came back up, coughing and grinning. "I'm glad we planned this, I can't believe how long it's been."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:34 pm

"I know," Calla agreed, sighing. "Could time really have gone by so quickly? Oh, I've just been so busy... Ask Brawny, he knows. With double security and more monsters pouring out of the Forest every day, I've been working around the clock."

She scooped up a hoof-full of mud, rubbing it between her hooves and feeling the mud pull the dirt from her fur.

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Relaxing Day at the Spa   Today at 9:06 pm

Back to top Go down

A Relaxing Day at the Spa
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next