F̴̛̜̳̜̭̰̋̇̿̒̌̃́̎͌̐́̆ͭ̍͛̌͢͡r̵̛̹͎͖̜̥̫͇̮̟̞̺̲͖̯̯̟̝̈̿́ͯ̏̀ͨͪͩ̎̄̈̓ͫ̿̈́́͟i̴̡͖̟͖̺̗̤͕̱ͭ͆̎͂̈́̌ͫͤ̓͌̌̾̂̍̕͜͢e̾ͩ̽

Sarah! Please get better soon! We miss you!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

A Family Of Four

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Family Of Four   Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:51 pm

The hot water was soothing on Calla's fur, loosening knots in her muscles and cleaning her body of sweat and dirt. The water cascaded loudly into the little pool, drowning out all noise, and into this cacophony of sound, she cried.

The stress of life was getting at her. First was the unexpected pregnancy, then housing an immobile colt for a few months, then the shock of learning he would never grow up... and now this.

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Hello, Guest! Glad you're here! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me. I'm always here to help!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asha Hooves

PostSubject: Re: A Family Of Four   Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:01 am

Brawny Hooves finished his plate of cake. He couldn't hear Calla in the bathroom. She must be relaxed in there. Going with that thought, he went to the fridge to get himself another slice of delicious cheesecake. He couldn't get over how awesome strawberry cheesecake was.

Before he knew it, Brawny finished his second slice. He was amazed how fast he ate it. If he kept this rate, he'd be needed a second cake.

Minutes passed, and Brawny had finished the entire cake. He could feel his stomach getting bigger and wider from it. It looked and felt like Brawny was carrying a foal. To him, it was worth it. After a while, he got up and knocked on the bathroom door, licking and wiping the cake off his face.

"Calla? You alright in there?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Family Of Four   Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:16 am

Before she could stop herself, the words burst from her mouth, much in the way of an irritated teenager.

"Go away! Just leave me alone for a little while!"

Shocked at what she had said but unwilling to get out and apologize, she sank further into the little pool, crying harder and seeming as if she might accidentally drown herself.

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Hello, Guest! Glad you're here! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me. I'm always here to help!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asha Hooves

PostSubject: Re: A Family Of Four   Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:35 am

Brawny Hooves left his hoof on the doorknob. He was torn between going in to see if there really was something wrong with her, or to turn around and leave her be. That didn't really sound like Calla. It sounded more like Nikki in a few years.

Brawny turned the doorknob and entered the bathroom and saw Calla sinking into the bathtub. To prevent her from drowning herself, he lifted her up a bit and leaned her back against the wall, still leaving most of her body in the tub. He then sat down next to the bathtub, and looked Calla in the eyes.

"Are you sure there's nothing wrong? You know I'm always here to listen."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Family Of Four   Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:41 am

"Celestia, life is just so frustrating!" she cried, burying her face in her hooves. With a spark from her horn, the water stopped flowing, preventing the tub from overflowing. "Faust, first it was Nikki, and then Kid, and now you and this! What's next, some life-threatening disease that's going to kill me off? That's just what the world wants, isn't it? A crazy, dysfunctional family to just fall apart!"

She sobbed some more, murmuring nonsense and getting more and more waterlogged by the moment.

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asha Hooves

PostSubject: Re: A Family Of Four   Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:49 am

Brawny Hooves put his hoof around Calla, trying not to get himself wet. He leaned over and gave Calla a kiss on the cheek. He knew how Calla felt about the whole stress thing. He still remembers how badly he freaked out when she announced she was pregnant with Nikki.

"Hey, we all made it this far. We can pull through. Just keep a cool head. I know how stressful this can be, but we can manage this if we're together. If there's anything, and I mean anything, I can do to take the stress off you, don't hesitate to ask. I hate to see you pull your mane out over this. Oh, and by the way, the cheesecake is gone. Hehe..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Family Of Four   Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:52 am

Calla didn't even care that the cheesecake had disappeared, presumably into Brawny's endless stomach. She was feeling torn, a warm sensation spreading from the point where Brawny's lips had touched her fur, while the majority of her body felt as if she had been doused with ice water and left in the Vanhoover snow to freeze.

"I-I don't know. I-I don't know what to do!" she lamented. "Oh, and of course it is nopony's fault but fate! It is ruining us all!"

With one final sigh, she stopped doing anything but breathing and blinking.

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asha Hooves

PostSubject: Re: A Family Of Four   Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:01 am

Brawny Hooves didn't know what to do about this. Calla was going nuts from all the pressure left on her. He decided to step into the bathtub and sit next to Calla. He pulled her close and cuddled her, hoping it would provide at least minor comfort for his troubled wife.

"True, it's nopony's fault. But I'm always here to support you. I love you, McCallum Lily. And I always will. Think of any ways I could help you relax?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Family Of Four   Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:05 pm

She said nothing, instead laying back on his chest and falling into his embrace.

"I'm sorry, Brawny. Forgive my feminine emotions."

She was conflicted, but she knew there was no changing the past and fate. It was time to accept things as they were and move on.

"You know, if you pick a few colors, I can make you a pretty dress that actually fits you and won't cause the casualty of any more of my clothes. Just, you know, don't take my socks. That's a little too far."

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asha Hooves

PostSubject: Re: A Family Of Four   Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:25 pm

Brawny Hooves held Calla close, keeping her in his embrace. She was actually being cool with the cross dressing thing? Wow. She'd make a dress for him. Hopefully nopony would notice it. Brawny giggled a bit.

"I forgive you, Calla. And that would be a nice gesture of you. You're the stylist, so you'd probably know what looks good on me. And about your socks... I thought of wearing them, but they looked too small for my hooves. Hehe..."

Brawny sank a bit into the bathtub with embarrassment. The heat in his face was cooled when he sat in the bathtub. The only thing sticking out of the water at this point were his eyes and the top of his muzzle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Family Of Four   Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:38 pm

Calla had the brilliant idea then of shoving her husband's head under the water, ultimately starting a very immature, childish bath war. It was a funny feeling, acting like a teenager again, but then again, she had never really been a normal teenage unicorn.

She lobbed a globe of water at Brawny's head, laughing when it hit its target, and sinking underwater, waiting for his retaliation.

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asha Hooves

PostSubject: Re: A Family Of Four   Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:34 pm

Brawny Hooves was surprised when he was hit with a ball of water by his wife then she hid underwater.

"Oh it is ON now girl!" Brawny pulled his wife back up from the tub and sent a splash towards her that was like a wave in comparison to the pool. He's called Brawny for a reason, right? Brawny spent the next while laughing and splashing at his wife. It was childish, but really fun. And who doesn't like fun?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Family Of Four   Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:56 pm

Calla screamed and tumbled around on the bottom of the little stone pool, finally surfacing for air when the water had calmed. She laughed and tackled Brawny, splashing more water over the sides and making a mess that she knew she would have to clean up later, but didn't care at the moment.

"Oh, I love you, Brawny," she said finally, leaning back on his chest.

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asha Hooves

PostSubject: Re: A Family Of Four   Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:03 pm

Brawny Hooves leaned back as Calla leaned back onto his chest. They were soaking wet, but like always, it felt nice to have Calla so close to him like that. He wrapped his hooves around her and nuzzled her.

"I love you too, Calla." Brawny said, snuggling into her. He didn't really expect a romantic moment to happen after splashing each other in their bathtub, but hey, it worked out. But there was quite a bit of water that spilled out. The love was too strong for him to care right then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Family Of Four   Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:13 pm

"We haven't had real time alone since Nikki started school," she realized aloud. "I've been working all of the time, and you've been taking care of Kid and his fragility. It's been far too long since we've had a moment like this."

She stroked his hooves with her own, feeling their warmth over her chest. They certainly hadn't sat like this in a long time, and it rekindled the warm and fuzzy feeling in her body. She closed her eyes and nuzzled him back.

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asha Hooves

PostSubject: Re: A Family Of Four   Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:32 pm

"I know. It feels great for us to be together like this again." He was going to say that he worried that if they mentioned something like this to Kid, he'd overreact and thing they didn't want him. Then he realized that this was the time for Calla and Brawny to relax.

Brawny felt Calla nuzzling back and feeling his hooves. The feeling was so warm, so cozy, and so nice. It had been a while since he felt like this. It was also weird timing with Calla just finding out he cross dressed. Once again, he pushed that from his brain, knowing he should relax.

"I never want this feeling to end." Brawny closed his eyes and laid his head on hers, almost dozing off
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Family Of Four   Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:54 pm

"We need to get it into Kid's head that he's part of the family, and there's no way he's getting out now," Calla said, thinking somewhat along the lines of Brawny's thoughts, but a grin lit up her face as she spoke. "You'd think that he'd want to get away from us as soon as possible, the way he's been taking his transgressions."

She bit her lip and sighed, absorbing herself in the moment.

"Me neither."

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asha Hooves

PostSubject: Re: A Family Of Four   Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:14 pm

"I have no idea why he would think like that. I mean, me hiding my pretty mare side probably didn't help, but I don't know what we've done to make him think we want him gone. He's a great colt, and I want to make sure he has a nice life, and not be back out being a petty thief and starving."

Brawny Hooves kind of felt odd about saying that. When he put together how Calla spent all day working and how Brawny was responsible for the foals, sneaking away to dress up like a mare, and what he just said, it seemed like he was more like the mother. He was being more like the caregiver, which seems odd for somepony like Brawny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Family Of Four   Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:31 pm

"Hey, it might be due to the fact that we're sometimes both out of the house. You know, those days when we go into the Everfree to get rid of this monster or that monster? We leave the two of them alone more often than we should, I realize. I don't know what we're going to do, now. With your part-time job and my too-long job, we're neglecting our kids."

She frowned, obviously frustrated, but she didn't know what to do.

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asha Hooves

PostSubject: Re: A Family Of Four   Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:49 pm

Brawny Hooves was starting to worry more. They were neglecting their children with working. But he was clueless as to what they could do about it. He wanted to be there for his foals, but he needed to work and help provide for them at the same time.

"I don't know what we can do. We're torn between our work and our family right now. Sorry I can't be much of a help."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Family Of Four   Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:26 pm

"I mean, Nikki and Kid are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves, but it's the fact that they have no adult to watch over them..."

Then she got an idea. It wasn't a very good idea. Actually, it could turn out to be disastrous, but it was better than leaving their children alone.

"We could, you know, leave them with somepony with a lot of free time... Like, oh, I don't know, Iris?"

I could turn out to be very bad, with Iris's tendencies towards immaturity and risk-taking, but Nikki was responsible, right? And Iris had saved Calla that one time, so she wasn't completely unaware. In fact, she was very protective of her loved ones. Maybe it would work.

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asha Hooves

PostSubject: Re: A Family Of Four   Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:30 pm

Brawny Hooves thought for a moment. True, it wasn't the greatest idea in the world. But it could work out. Iris was a really good friend of Calla's, so it might be a little easier to convince her to watch over them.

"I like the idea. But do you think she'll actually watch the kids? Other than that, it seems like a good idea. Better than what we did before, at least."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Family Of Four   Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:49 pm

"I'm sure. I'll ask her over for dinner, so we just have to work out a day when we're both free. It'll be the perfect opportunity to introduce the kids to her, and we can all make our decisions then."

She grinned and giggled.

"Oh, Nikki will love her... And Iris will appreciate the ninja suit.... hehe!"

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asha Hooves

PostSubject: Re: A Family Of Four   Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:31 am

"Yeah, they'll be a perfect fit for each other. Kid probably won't mind, since he'll have somepony to hang out with while we're gone."

Brawny kissed Calla and laid back in the bathtub.

"You know, this isn't the place I thought we'd have an important talk like this, but it works, right? I'm gettin' kind of hungry too."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Calla Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Family Of Four   Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:12 pm

Calla glanced at the hourglass in the corner of the room and nodded.

"I'll make some lunch, but didn't you just eat the entire cheesecake? How can you be hungry?"

She shook her head and stepped out of the tub, drying off with a spark from her horn.

"I'll make a salad to balance out that cake. Would you like some strawberries on it?"

Cloud Dancer
Nikki Hooves
Erika Darknight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Family Of Four   Today at 9:07 pm

Back to top Go down

A Family Of Four
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next